The second event of the European roadshows for the photonics industry and workshop "Photonics4 Healthcare" aims to provide SMEs with solutions on how to overcome the barriers to market in the healthcare sector.
This workshop (free of charge) will gather representatives from photonics companies, med-tech companies, end-users and researchers interested in commercialisation and a number of experts, to discuss and network around issues related to the business development of photonics companies addressing the global healthcare market.
Researchers will learn that starting a company developing photonics technology for healthcare is in fact not necessarily an insurmountable obstacle. Integrators will meet early stage photonics SMEs willing to team up with a facilitating partner.SMEs will add tip-offs to their toolbox via expert support. End-users will find improved high-tech solutions based on photonics technology.
This workshop will not only discuss what types of financing are required to cross the Valley of Death and where to find it, but also how to most efficiently use it for teaming up with the right partners, building the right team and e.g. coping with clinical tests.
Experts confirmed (one more to come from the UK)
- Prof. Juergen Popp, Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology Jena, Institute of Physical Chemistry & Abbe-Center of Photonics, Friedrich-Schiller University and InfectoGnostics Research Campus, Jena, Germany. J. Popp is also WG3 Chair of Photonics21.
- Iris Öhrn, advisor at Business Region Gothenburg, MBA Biotechnology, member of the Jury of top experts that pick market-creating innovations for EU funding under the SME Instrument programme.
- Dr. Thierry Robin, TEMATYS, Partner, Paris, France. TEMATYS provides an advanced marketing expertise dedicated to photonic products ands its application markets.
- Dr. Dirk Voelkel, CTO GE Healthcare Life Sciences AB, Uppsala, Sweden. Collaboration with large healthcare companies.
- Dr. Ruth Houbertz, CEO & Manag. Dir. of Multiphoton Optics GmbH, Würzburg, Germany. Innovation/best teams/tech. transfer.
- Edward Schneider, CEO of Quan Fund, Geneva, Switzerland. VC financing for KETs-based products.
- Dr. Raoul Stubbe, Business Coach at Stockholm Innovation and Growth (STING) and co-founder of Single Technologies AB, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Dr Ian McCabe, NCLA, School of Physics, NUI Galway, Ireland. Value-Chain Analysis techniques.
To register please go to the event website.