The School is addressing specific topics of high importance within the international scientific community of Optoelectronics and Photonics. It aims in bringing together a large number of PhD students and young researchers from all parts of the world which across a one-week intense schedule follow a series of lectures on selected topics. The lectures are held by internationally recognized experts in the field. At the same, the students are encouraged to enjoy the beautiful location where the school is organized.
This is the 10th edition of the Optoelectronics and Photonics Winter School series traditionally held in Trentino region every second year.
This time, the Organizing Committee has chosen the topic of Nonlinear Photonics following the research activities of the organizing institutes and paving the way to the next EC Flagship on Quantum Technologies.
Lecturers will include:
- Sergey Babin - Institute of Automation and Electrometry of the Siberian Branch of the RAS, Russia
- Lucia Caspani – University of Glasgow, UK
- Matteo Clerici - University of Glasgow, UK
- Claudio Conti – CNR-ISC, Italy
- Alfredo De Rossi – Thales Research and Technology, France
- Fabrizio Di Pasquale – Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Italy
- Christos Flytzanis – Ecole Normale Supérieure de Paris, France
- Giuseppe Leo – University Paris Diderot – Paris 7, France
- Tobias Kippenberg – EPFL, Switzerland
- Jens Limpert - Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany
- Arnaud Mussot - Université des Sciences et Technologies de Lille 1, France
- Christian Pedersen – DTU, Denmark
- Sylvie Roke – EPFL, Switzerland
- Stefano Trillo, University of Ferrara, Italy
- Sergei K. Turitsyn - Aston Institute of Photonic Technologies (AIPT), UK
More detailed information can be found on the school webpage if you follow the link below.
The deadline for application is December 17th, 2018.